Blue light is a wavelength found in many electronic devices and light sources such as cell phones, tablets, computers, televisions, some lightbulbs and sunshine. With time, exposure to blue light has shown to cause damage to your retina and lead to vision impairment.
According to Ofcom*, research has shown an increasing number of people are spending longer hours each day looking at digital screens as two thirds of adults (64%) say the internet is an essential part of their life and one in five adults (19%) spend more than 40 hours a week online. In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, these figures have grown with even more people now spending the majority of their time at home.
Why is blue-light technology important?
The same way we need to protect our skin from the sun’s UV rays, we also need to protect our eyes from digital blue light to avoid depleting their overall health and vision. Even those who do not need a prescription, should consider a pair of glasses with blue light blocking technology. Signs you may suffer from blue light damage include:
- Dry eyes
- Blurred vision
- Neck, shoulder, and back pain
What Are Blue-Screen/Blue-Light Blocking Glasses?
Blue-Light Blocking glasses feature lenses that limit exposure to blue light and provides non-glare protection. By filtering out the amount of blue light your eyes are exposed to, potential eye damage is reduced and may relieve current symptoms of digital eye strain. As well as protecting your eyes from blue light damage, blue-light blocking glasses offer additional benefits including:
- Relief from eye discomfort
- Glasses with blue light filtering technology can enhance your focus and reduce eye strain, resulting in reduced eye fatigue and improving productivity.
- Aids better sleep
- Blue light has a high energy frequency that can increase alertness and delay the body’s release of melatonin, which helps induce sleep. It is generally advised we should avoid using devices one to two hours before bedtime, but for those who aren’t able to do this, wearing blue-light filter glasses can reduce the impact of blue-light rays so you still get a good night’s sleep.
- Reduced likelihood of Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) AMD is a leading cause of blindness. Blue-light blocking lenses can help avoid or delay this condition by preventing blue light from impacting your eyes.
With an increased number of people spending more time at home on digital devices, whether it be for work or leisurable purposes, Blue-Light Blocker glasses are essential to maintain good eye health.
Check out our latest collection of Blue-Light Blocker Glasses featuring Divel lenses – designed specifically to combat the symptoms of Digital Eye Burn through reflecting and filtering blue light rays emitted by digital devices and artificial lights.
Words by Cutler & Gross
Read the full article here: https://blog.cutlerandgross.com/2021/01/12/blue-light-glasses-the-new-essential-for-all-digital-device-users/